Thanks for checking out my blog!! I hope I can give you some insight into the battles, antics, heartaches, frustrations, and victories of Everquest.

Please scroll all the way to the bottom of the page to turn off the music player, get it fired up, or pick a different song. I couldn't resist sharing some of my favorite mob killing music with my readers!

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Statue of Rallos Zek, The Idol of Rallos Zek, The Avatar of War

Wednesday February 10th, 2010

Approximately 9:00am
Upon server reset, I jump on my Abyssal Steed and head straight for Kael Drakkel. Forget the dragons, Forget the planes, I am on a mission this morning. I need the Statue of Rallos Zek. I have a few reasons behind this compulsion. The first being that Stabbity wants the barbie mask from Avatar of War; and the second is I have NEVER seen this triad before. I arrived to find an empty alcove where I should be staring at the Statue of Rallos Zek. My heart dropped. I laid there, feign deathed, to discontently pout. As I was considering moving on, a corpse came flying past my head. Some poor druid had found a train of his very own that he couldn't shake while checking on the same mob. Feeling guilty, I sent him a tell. Evidently he was after the Swiftblade of Zek for his warrior alt. We talked for a bit, and he brought his mains down to sit and camp the spot with me for awhile. He is in Goldenhearts. An older guild on my server that once had a best friend of mine, Werek the druid, as a member. All of these happenings happened right after 9:00am. We both sat around for awhile, chatting, waiting, and watching our respective televisions. Around 1:00pm, my fast friend had given in; and bid me good luck. I continued on with my daily activities while I laid there "lifeless" in Kael Drakkel. Approximately 5:00pm I was writing a bit when I just happen to look up from my notebook as I sat on the bed. The empty, forlorned space I had previously been staring had was filled! Before my faux dead body stood the Statue of Rallos. I immediately sent Primal (the character I met only a few hours ago) a quick tell. He headed down with his beastlord, necro, cleric merc, and warrior merc. I offered to log on my cleric or any other character; but we decided we had more than enough man power for this fight. Luckily we were right. After reading a lot of boards, and trying everything for over four years to get this guy, I have come up with some speculations of my own.

Some specifics on the mobs:
The Statue of Rallos Zek - a. Vindi has nothing to do with his spawn timer; b. he will spawn after a server reset. it is +/- 7 hours from server reset. this means he could spawn right as the server is unlocked or, as in my case, 7 hours following a server reset; c. he is of course, no longer a real challenge for anyone Demiplane geared or better. I would say any hardcore dps character with Seeds and Underfoot gear should be able to solo him; d. he does still have quite the regen, and I wouldn't suggest tank or healing classes attempt to solo him. If you did pull it off, it would take a ridiculous chunk of play time to take him down with no real dps.
The Idol of Rallos Zek - a. Does not spawn on the Statue's corpse; b. he can be found by going through the false wall to the right of Statue's spawn, following the tunnel several hundred feet to its end. Right before it pops you out in the arena, you will run in to the Idol of Rallos Zek; c. at some point, the Idol was suppose to be more difficult and drop no loot as a precursor to killing AoW. This only remains true for very, very tiny raiding guilds or family guilds looking to have some fun. For my friend and myself, it was an identical fight as that of the Statue.
The Avatar of War - a. he spawns dead center in the giant arena; b. he is ugly and quite a simple fight. took a little longer than the other two, but still very easy for us. Again, I'd imagine for a non dps solo or a small, yet to be geared up raid force he might still pose some problem;
c. he is no longer having the weird pathing issues as he use to have a few years ago; d. I do wonder if back in the day people ever nuked each other or got affected by area of effect while fighting in the arena since it does in fact flag you for pvp.

Misc. Comments: Very few of my spells landed on all three mobs. I managed to land self only lifetaps, a self only duration lifetap, Touch of the Wailing three which is a temporary hit point spell, and of course hatred spells. All dots, challenge for power, thefts, and direct damage sans lifetaps were resisted. My pet did minimal extra dps as he always manages to do. The necro complained of the same resists. For the most part we just seem to whittle away at him with pure melee and occassional lifetapping.

More Screen Shots:
The Statue of Rallos Zek "Fistpumping" behind his two guardians.
The Statue of Rallos Zek hiding like a p00n.
The Idol of Rallos Zek getting owned
The Idol of Rallos Zek fight - Cramped Quarters
The Avatar of War getting angry.
The Avatar of War crotch shot.
The Avatar of War corpse 1 and corpse 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment